How to make money on YouTube without making videos. One of the biggest challenges for anyone considering starting a YouTube channel is the big question, how can I make my unique videos? Where can I get the tools needed to make a video? Or I don’t have the confidence to stand in from of a camera.
If this is your worry, then you don’t need to worry anymore as YouTube now give you the liberty to reuse and monetize other people’s videos and is 100% legal and acceptable.
This article will provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to make money on YouTube without actually making videos.
YouTube is among the top search engines globally, with over 2.5 billion users monthly. YouTube is the number one video search engine in the world and is owned by Google. They monetize videos using Google AdSence.
Below are ways how to make money on YouTube without making videos
Finding a niche
Finding a niche is very important when it comes to starting an online business, especially on YouTube. A niche here means a specialization, that is, what kind of content category you want to be posting on. In other words, a niche is a topic peculiar to the kind of audience you want to engage.
Before starting a YouTube channel, you first of all need to know a particular niche you want to go into. And before you choose a niche take time and answer the following question;
- What exactly are you interested in or passionate about? This is important because creating content on what you love and are passionate about will make your content valuable and unique, and also, you won’t run out of ideas.
- In which category do I have experience and knowledge? To create a Gmail account, follow the following steps.
- Lastly, is the content I am creating what people want? Because people are your great asset when it comes to making money online.
Having answered the above question, then you can forge ahead to choose your niche, putting the above question into consideration because a niche is very sensible for building an online presence and eventually monetising it.
Creating a YouTube channel
Creating a YouTube channel is very simple and easy, in just less than five minutes, you can create your own YouTube channel. But note that, before creating a YouTube channel, you must first have or create a Gmail account, which can also be done in less than three minutes.
For the sake of newbies, let’s work on how to open a Gmail account in less than three minutes.
How to create a Gmail account
To create a Gmail account, follow the following steps.
- go to www.gmail.com
- On the site, you will see the option to sign in or create an account. Click “Create an account.”
- A form will come up which requires you t fill in your details, which include first name, last name, and proposed Gmail address, which always ends with @gmail.com, and add the phone number and your desired password.
- Accept the terms and conditions.
- Then, boom! You have your Gmail account and address.
Now let’s go back to creating your Gmail Youtube channel. Below are the steps to follow to create your first YouTube channel and build your online business.
- Log into www.Youtube.com and click on the sign-in link. Then sign in using the Gmail address you just created or already have, which will be associated with your YouTube channel.
- After you successfully log in with your Gmail account, at the right top corner click on your profile and click on create a channel. You can choose to create a personal or a business account.
- Choose a name for your channel, which should be related to your niche.
- After that, upload your profile picture and cover picture.
- Congratulation! You just opened your YouTube channel, and you are now one step closer to starting to make money on YouTube.
How to get free videos from YouTube
Do you know that YouTube gives you the full legal authority to reuse other people’s videos posted on YouTube? Yes, YouTube provides an enabling environment and program known as Creative Commons.
Creative Commons is a section on YouTube where content creators give the public or anyone the right to reuse their content, which is allowed by YouTube.
This section of the article will provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to get such reusable content and post it on your channel so that it can be monetised.
Steps to getting free videos on YouTube
Follow these steps to know how to get free videos that you can post freely on your channel for subsequent monetization.
- The first step is to search for the keyword you want to get the video from. The keyword here means what people are searching for. For instance, if my niche is comedy, I want to search for “best comedy video in 2022.” The words in the quotation marks are what are referred to as keywords.
- After you search for your keyword, then go to the filter section and click on creative common. In creative common section you can get videos that you can reuse but make sure is related to your niche
- I would advise making some edits to the video. There are a lot of video editors you can use to edit your videos before posting them on your channel. Such include in-shot, in-video etc.
How to optimize your YouTube channel for SEO
Search Engine Optimization, also known as SEO, is a very important key when it comes to building an online business and getting visitors to your channel. Therefore, optimizing your videos for SEO is very paramount as it determines your ranking in search results on your niche and keyword used.
Keep in mind that for you to start earning on YouTube, your videos must have views and clicks. Therefore, you must do what it takes to get those views, which SEO is the best strategy to use.
This is why this article is what you need as we will digest the basic and most important things to do to optimise your videos.
Below are what to do to optimize your videos
- Pick good keywords: Doing good keyword research is very important. As a beginner, you should go for keywords that have low competition and dominate them.
- Use your chosen keyword in your video title. The keyword you choose must reflect on your video title and should also reflect the search intent of your audience.
- Insert a keyword in your video file. This is also a ranking factor on YouTube. The video you intend to upload should have your target keywords
- Optimize your video description. Your YouTube video description should be fully optimized, which is also a ranking factor on YouTube.
- Also, use related hashtag Use of hashtag also help people find your content and thus more viewers to your channel.
- Select a video category.
- and create a video thumbnail image Your video thumbnail should be attractive and related to your content
- Add a subtitle and close with a good caption.
How to monetize your videos on YouTube
The goal of any online business is to make money out of it. Therefore, this section of the article will teach you how to monetize your videos on YouTube.
YouTube is a good platform where content creators can make a lot of cash. But keep in mind that traffic is what translates to money. In other words, the more traffic or views you have, the more money you make.
To monetize a YouTube channel, there are certain criteria that must be met which include:
- leave in a country where the YouTube partners program is active.
- Your channel must have at least 1,000 subscribers.
- have or reach 4000 valid watch hours in the last 12 months.
- Register an AdSence account.
- Your channel has no violations. Then you are ready to start earning on YouTube.
For you to succeed on YouTube, you must be consistent in posting new content at least twice a week.
This article has successfully explored how to make money on YouTube without making videos. We have seen the various steps to follow to start earning on YouTube. We have also seen how to create a YouTube channel, how to find a good niche, how to get free videos on YouTube, how to optimize YouTube videos for SEO and lastly, how to monetize your YouTube channel.