How to recharge prepaid meter online in Nigeria The internet these days has made many tasks more convenient and easy for us to carry out, which only required a smartphone and a good internet connection.
In the past, recharging prepaid electricity meters was a stressful task as one had to visit their office and ensure they arrived before closing time. However, now one can easily recharge their electricity prepaid meter online in Nigeria from the comfort of their home.
In this article, you will be guided on everything you need to know on how to recharge prepaid meters online in Nigeria at your comfort without the need to visit their office. We have various ways or methods that you can use to pay your electric bills, such methods include using banking apps or apps developed for bill payments. This article will explore these methods in detail.
How to recharge prepaid meter online in Nigeria
Running out of electricity unexpectedly, especially when doing an important assignment, can be a very frustrating and inconvenient experience. However, with the introduction of online platforms, recharging your prepaid meter has become much easier and simpler. There are various ways or platforms you can use or take advantage of to make your payment or recharge your prepaid meter at your convenience.
Items needed to recharge your prepared meter
- An android or IOS smartphone or computer.
- Active internet connection.
- Your prepaid IUC meter number.
- An ATM card.
- Bank registered phone number.
- Email address.
How to recharge prepaid meter online using in Nigeria using nepa.ng
nepa.ng is a website that you can use to recharge your electricity prepaid meter by following these steps:
- On your phone or computer, open your browser and on the URL section type www.nepa.ng and hit enter.
- On the site, choose your registered electricity distribution company.
- Input your meter number and the number of units you want to buy.
- After that, input your phone number and email address.
- Enter your ATM card details and confirm the preview of the transaction and submit.
- A token will be generated for you which you will use to enter your prepaid meter.
After a successful transaction, your prepaid meter will be credited with the units you buy as easily as that.
How to recharge prepaid meter online in Nigeria using a bank app
Do you know you can pay for your electricity bill using your bank app? Oh yes! These steps will guide you on how to recharge your prepaid meter online using your favourite bank app.
- Firstly, navigate to your bank app on your phone and open it.
- Log in to your bank app and tap on pay bills.
- Choose electricity and then select your biller company (the electricity distribution company your register your meter with).
- After which choose your product which is either prepaid or postpaid.
- Input the amount you want to pay and follow by the meter IUC number.
- Type your phone number and click submit.
Recharging prepaid meters has become more convenient and easy nowadays, at the comfort of your house you can now recharge your electricity prepaid meter anywhere you are in Nigeria as long as you have a good internet connection and a smartphone.
This article was able to explore in detail how to recharge prepaid meters online in Nigeria. To recharge your prepaid electricity meter online, you can use these methods and avoid the stress of going to their office in person.