New Job Vacancies at First Bank of Nigeria (FBN). First Bank of Nigeria is a global Nigerian bank and financial services firm headquartered in Lagos. It is Nigeria’s largest bank in terms of total deposits and gross revenues.
FBN has approximately 750 company sites across Africa and the United Kingdom, and representative offices in Abu Dhabi, Beijing, and Johannesburg have been established to capture trade-related business between regions.
Candidates who are interested and eligible are encouraged to apply for job openings at First Bank of Nigeria (FBN).
Check also Vacancy at Polaris Bank Limited
New Job Vacancies at First Bank of Nigeria (FBN)
Job Title: Associate II, Corporate Finance and Capital Optimisation
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Lagos | Nigeria.
- Responsible for executing the corporate finance activities of FirstBank Group, including mergers & acquisitions, capital optimisation, and investment management.
- Coordinate the credit rating process of the group to ensure the Group’s credit rating is achieved and maintained.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promote policies, processes, and guidelines to enhance corporate finance, capital management, ratings, and investment activities of FirstBank Group.
- Execute inorganic growth plans (M&A, partnerships, etc.) of FirstBank Group.
- Prepare the valuation of investment opportunities and optimization for value-accretive purposes.
- Execute the end-to-end management of capital across all group entities, including ICAAP.
- Ensure compliance with the Group Capital Management Framework.
- Execute capital raising of all forms, including Tier I and Tier II.
- Support the actualization of capital allocation as required to optimize shareholder value.
- Manage the Bank’s portfolio of investments to optimize returns
- Plan the evolution of the Bank’s credit rating.
- Facilitate the Bank’s credit rating process to achieve the set target credit rating.
- Facilitate all other corporate finance activities of operating entities in FirstBank Group.
- Coordinate all relevant management, board, and regulatory approvals for capital raising the FirstBank Group’s corporate finance decisions and investments.
- Track performance of corporate finance activities post acquisition to quantify value accretion gained.
- Provide insight on the financial performance of potential targets and expected value accretion from transactions.
- Recommend optimal transaction structures for corporate finance transactions for the Firstbank Group.
- Track activities required to ensure target rating is obtained once achieved.
- Prepare reports and presentation to engage the Management Committee (MANCO) and Board of Directors on potential targets and transaction opportunities.
- Perform periodic scanning of the industry for corporate finance and investment opportunities.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- First Degree in Accounting, Economics or related discipline.
- Strong preference for postgraduate degree or other professional qualification.
- CFA, ACA, ACCA, CPA , MBA.
- Minimum of 10 years working experience in corporate finance, investment banking and capital management in Financial Services or related industry.
- 6+ years of proven track record in Financial Analysis, Financial accounting and reporting.
KEY COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
- Professional accounting qualification such as CPA, ACCA, ACA, CPA, MBA or its equivalent plus at least 10 years post qualification years’ experience, with relevant/specific banking experience.
- Broad understanding of banking practice.
- Excellent knowledge of financial analysis and financial accounting.
Mode of application
Interested and qualified candidates should click the button below to apply