What is SEO in digital marketing?
The ability of your website or business to attract a large number of visitors and to rank on Google first page is highly dependent on SEO. However, many will be wondering what is SEO in digital marketing? Then you’re at the right place as this article will be exposing you to all you need to know. Succeed and attract more organic (traffics from a search engine) to your website stay tune.
What is SEO?
SEO is an acronym for or shortcode for search engine optimization. In a simple sentence, SEO is seen as the act of increasing and attracting more traffic organic or Google’s search results.
In the world of digital marketing, SEO marketing strategy play an important role in helping you increase your reach to potential customers or clients.
What is search engine?
You have been using the word search engine in the above paragraph and I believe some would be thinking about what that “Search Engine” is? Then here we are!
A search engine is software designed to undertake web searches. It searches the www (World Wide Web) in well-designed methods to get a particular set of information laid out in a web search query.
The search results are presented as a form of results called search engine results pages (SERPs).
The information could be display in form of links to a site, videos, infographics, articles, research works and other sorts of files.
Examples of search engines
- Wolfram Alpha
- Yandex and others
SEO in digital marketing
What is SEO in digital marketing is the question in many people minds which this article will critically examine.
Role of SEO in digital marketing
The role of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) in marketing and company can never be overemphasized as it serves as a medium in increasing exposure of your business, website or organizations to potential clients and costumer on search engines through ranking for certain products, topics or keywords.
For example, when someone searches for products or services online through Google, Bing or any other search engines listed above. You will wish your site or company is among the first-page display or listed on the search engine result page (SERP), which can make anyone find you.
For instance, Jacob wants to buy a shoe online, and he types on Google. Therefore, if your e-commerce company is not found on the SERP first or second page then he won’t see you’re to click. But instead, he will click on the top-ranking site and buy from it.
That’s why SEO is very important for your online or digital marketing as it would help in boosting your sales, the customer thus more profits.
Importance of SEO in digital marketing
- Ranking in search engines; appearing on the search engine first-page result is very vital in business promotion and getting more clients. One of the foremost important functions of SEO is increasing visibility, which suggests making it easier for prospects to seek out you once they look for something you’ve got to supply. Visibility is directly associated with your ranking.
Thus, the higher you’re ranking on the Search Engine Result Page (SERP) the higher your chances of getting more customers or clients.
- Good visitors experience; users experience is key to page ranking especially in Google which research has shown to be the most used search engine in the world with over 90% of users.
Search engine optimization (SEO) play this key role in enhancing better user experiences. Making sure clients can be able to use or access your website comfortable on different platforms either through phone or computer.
- Traffic; getting high traffic is the main objective of SEO, and this is possible if your web page or site has a good ranking and is visible on a search engine on the first page.
According to search engine watch, the number one result on Google first page gets 33% search traffic and others share the remaining 75%. Thus, to get more traffic you need to invest more in SEO.
- High brand awareness; When you invest greatly in SEO, you get more visitor and potential client traffic to your website. This increases your brand awareness, and this will encourage more people to get your products/services
- Increase web page load time; the faster your website loads the higher visitors you get to see your products because most people don’t have the patience to wait. However, if the site load slowly then a user is more likely to leave that page without seeing the content. SEO help prioritize page load speed, to make load fast.
Type of SEO used in digital marketing
- On-page SEO; these are all SEO activities that you carry out on your page is also the process of optimizing the content on your website. This includes your keywords, headers, Meta titles, Meta descriptions, images, etc.
Some tips on on-page SEO includes;
- Keyword research
- Optimize metadata
- Internal linking
- Off-page SEO; these are all activities that happen outside your website but assist your site to grow. This activity includes;
- Guess posting
- Competitors research
- Technical SEO; Technical SEO refers to the actions performed to assist search engines to crawl your website. This technical effort includes
- Page speed
- Usability friendly
- Site structure
In conclusion, the main reason why search engine optimization (SEO) is very paramount and one need to invest in it, is that it can assist boost your business aims, goals and objectives, build a good and lasting relationship with your client and audience.
SEO can also help in increasing your site authority, give you a better stand against your competitors. And also it can increase your selling and thus much growth.