What is SEO in digital marketing?
The ability of your website or business to attract a large number of visitors and to rank on Google first page is highly dependent on SEO. However, many will be wondering what is SEO in digital marketing? Then you’re at the right place as this article will be exposing you to all you need to know. Succeed and attract more organic (traffics from a search engine) to your website stay tune.
What is SEO?
SEO is an acronym for or shortcode for search engine optimization. In a simple sentence, SEO is seen as the act of increasing and attracting more traffic organic or Google’s search results.
In the world of digital marketing, SEO marketing strategy play an important role in helping you increase your reach to potential customers or clients.
What is search engine?
You have been using the word search engine in the above paragraph and I believe some would be thinking about what that “Search Engine” is? Then here we are!
A search engine is software designed to undertake web searches. It searches the www (World Wide Web) in well-designed methods to get a particular set of information laid out in a web search query.
The search results are presented as a form of results called search engine results pages (SERPs).
The information could be display in form of links to a site, videos, infographics, articles, research works and other sorts of files.
Examples of search engines
- Wolfram Alpha
- Yandex and others
SEO in digital marketing
What is SEO in digital marketing is the question in many people minds which this article will critically examine.
Role of SEO in digital marketing
The role of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) in marketing and company can never be overemphasized as it serves as a medium in increasing exposure of your business, website or organizations to potential clients and costumer on search engines through ranking for certain products, topics or keywords.
For example, when someone searches for products or services online through Google, Bing or any other search engines listed above. You will wish your site or company is among the first-page display or listed on the search engine result page (SERP), which can make anyone find you.
For instance, Jacob wants to buy a shoe online, and he types on Google. Therefore, if your e-commerce company is not found on the SERP first or second page then he won’t see you’re to click. But instead, he will click on the top-ranking site and buy from it.
That’s why SEO is very important for your online or digital marketing as it would help in boosting your sales, the customer thus more profits.
Importance of SEO in digital marketing
- Ranking in search engines; appearing on the search engine first-page result is very vital in business promotion and getting more clients. One of the foremost important functions of SEO is increasing visibility, which suggests making it easier for prospects to seek out you once they look for something you’ve got to supply. Visibility is directly associated with your ranking.
Thus, the higher you’re ranking on the Search Engine Result Page (SERP) the higher your chances of getting more customers or clients.
- Good visitors experience; users experience is key to page ranking especially in Google which research has shown to be the most used search engine in the world with over 90% of users.
Search engine optimization (SEO) play this key role in enhancing better user experiences. Making sure clients can be able to use or access your website comfortable on different platforms either through phone or computer.
- Traffic; getting high traffic is the main objective of SEO, and this is possible if your web page or site has a good ranking and is visible on a search engine on the first page.
According to search engine watch, the number one result on Google first page gets 33% search traffic and others share the remaining 75%. Thus, to get more traffic you need to invest more in SEO.
- High brand awareness; When you invest greatly in SEO, you get more visitor and potential client traffic to your website. This increases your brand awareness, and this will encourage more people to get your products/services
- Increase web page load time; the faster your website loads the higher visitors you get to see your products because most people don’t have the patience to wait. However, if the site load slowly then a user is more likely to leave that page without seeing the content. SEO help prioritize page load speed, to make load fast.
Type of SEO used in digital marketing
- On-page SEO; these are all SEO activities that you carry out on your page is also the process of optimizing the content on your website. This includes your keywords, headers, Meta titles, Meta descriptions, images, etc.
Some tips on on-page SEO includes;
- Keyword research
- Optimize metadata
- Internal linking
- Off-page SEO; these are all activities that happen outside your website but assist your site to grow. This activity includes;
- Guess posting
- Competitors research
- Technical SEO; Technical SEO refers to the actions performed to assist search engines to crawl your website. This technical effort includes
- Page speed
- Usability friendly
- Site structure
In conclusion, the main reason why search engine optimization (SEO) is very paramount and one need to invest in it, is that it can assist boost your business aims, goals and objectives, build a good and lasting relationship with your client and audience.
SEO can also help in increasing your site authority, give you a better stand against your competitors. And also it can increase your selling and thus much growth.
Local SEO strategies: Unique local SEO Strategies for Startups
Every business wants to expand its range of customers and it doesn’t get easier than starting local SEO strategies.
In this article, we’ve compiled some helpful tips for running successful local SEO strategies that you will be able to apply no matter what type of business you’re in.
Why SEO is Important
SEO is an essential part of any marketing campaign because it’s the way that your website is found by potential clients online. The more you can do to increase your visibility on Google, the better.
How Google Works
Google’s algorithm is constantly changing, and it’s becoming increasingly more difficult for us to decipher what Google means.
However, That doesn’t mean that it’s not worth understanding how they work. The more you know about how Google crawls your website, the easier it will be for you to get ahead of them.
How to Get a Better Ranking on Google
The following 4 steps will walk you through how to get a better ranking on Google. SEO is very complex and many factors affect it.
- The first step is to make sure your content is valuable, informative, and well-written.
- Include keywords in strategic places like the title, Meta description, headings, and body copy.
- Keywords should be used naturally in your content.
- Next, create quality links that point back to your page; this will help with rankings. Follow these 4 steps and you can increase your position on Google!
Goals of a Local SEO Strategy
A local SEO strategy is a type of on-page optimization that’s designed to attract and serve customers in your neighbourhood. The goal is to get your website ranked higher in search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing by targeting specific geographic regions and cities.
Key Elements of a Good Local SEO Strategy
One of the most important elements of any local SEO strategy is optimizing your listings on Google Maps.
One way to do this is by checking in when you’re in a location with a business’s Google Places listing and leave a review about the services you received. You can also complete a Google-verified business form if you don’t have a local phone number or address for your business.
Successful Local SEO Strategies
A successful local SEO strategy can be a complex and time-consuming process. It is a whole new way of doing digital marketing. One of the best ways to help your company grow in this area is by refining your search terms.
A lot of businesses forget that when they are trying to attract customers in a particular area, they need to use keywords that people in that particular area would use.
The Importance of Local SEO strategies
Local SEO is important for small businesses that don’t have the resources to compete with big companies like Google and Amazon. Small businesses can do it themselves by utilizing their location and physical address and using keywords in their content.
The success of local SEO relies on the best practices of copywriting, content marketing, and data-driven decision making.
How to create a Good local SEO Strategy for Your Site
A good strategy for your website is to have a strong call to action. This can be accomplished by using conversational headlines, using persuasive elements like testimonials, and also by offering some incentives. Others include;
- Keywords and on Page Optimization
Keywords are the most important when it comes to on-page optimization because they are the tool your visitors will use to find you. That’s why it is essential to use them in your title tag, URL, alt tags, and Meta description.
- Marketing Your Web Content
Marketing Your Web Content When you’re in the marketing world, it’s important to always be thinking about how to market your content and reach a wider audience.
One great way of doing this is by making sure that your web content is translated into various languages and then marketed in different regions.
Local SEO strategies are very key in any business, as this will boost your ranking in search engines, in this article we look at Why SEO is Important, how Google works, how to Get a Better Ranking on Google.
Goals of a Local SEO Strategy, Key Elements of a Good Local SEO Strategy, Successful Local SEO Strategies, The Importance of Local SEO strategies and How to create a Good local SEO Strategy for Your Site.
Leave a comment below
Basics of digital marketing: What are the basics of digital marketing?
A lot of people are kind of wonder what the basics of digital marketing are, then you are in the right place. This article will expose you to what it means and explain in detail what you need to know on the basics of digital marketing and lots more.
But before we critically examine what this means we will first of all look at some basic concepts of importance.
What is digital marketing?
As the name implies, digitals marketing is the process of transacting or selling goods and services electronically by using social media, Search engine optimization (SEO), email, mobile apps etc. Which there are basics of digital marketing.
Importance of digitals marketing
Before we discuss the basics of digitals marketing let’s look at some of the importance of digitals marketing.
- Creation of awareness easily
- Sale increment
- Higher competitive advantage
- Less costly
- Easily track progress.
Basics of digitals marketing
Before you invest your time and others resources in digital marketing, it is important to know the rudiments, that is the basics of digital marketing. Such basics include;
- Use of social media; these are some of the biggest digital markets that you can use to sell your goods and services. One of the simplest advantages of digital marketing is the social media platforms available to advertise a business. If you’re taking a glance at the 21stcentury generation today, everyone uses social media for various purposes and to succeed in bent people. There are many top social media sites available to market a business. Samples of a variety of the very best used social media all around the world are; Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, quora, WhatsApp and Pinterest.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO); is one of the effective and efficient basics of digital marketing. Businesses within the industry aim to extend their business ranking on Google through SEO techniques. Google is that the commonest and highly used program site employed by billions of individuals all around the world. Ranking the business on Google will increase sales and other benefitting opportunities for the corporate. An efficient SEO marketing strategy rotates around Link building, Social network, website optimization, web design, traffic, software development, feedback, keyword research, ranking and content. By concentrating on these, knowledgeable can do an efficient SEO marketing strategy. Google emphasizes certain factors (Content, Backlinks and speed) while ranking a business, by concentrating on boosting these factors, a corporation can gain marketing benefits.
- Content marketing; content is what attract your audience, is like the face of your business as far as digital marketing is concerned. Lacks proper content marketing as the basics of digital marketing you cannot be able to connect with your customers and potential clients. Therefore, content marketing is very essentials in digital marketing. The opportunity to succeed in bent too many audiences all around the world through digital marketing are often used as a plus to publish SEO friendly content. Differing types of content are often published on the internet: blog posts, article posts, videos, podcasts, infographics, and image posts.
- Design and optimization of websites; website design and optimization is one of the basics of digital marketing. The business should highly consider the speed and thus the structure of the website while publishing content. Online users all around the world finding out the service or product provided by the business will click towards the business website. Content posted on the online site should be unique, attractive and customer friendly. The business website developer should understand, maintain and keep the situation updated to satisfy the prevailing customers and attract new customers. By designing the online site for mobile and web by using friendly approaches the business can attract customers and increase traffics. The design of the online site also determines its speed. The company should make better developments on the online site using an updated CMS (Content Management System).
- Social media management; effective management of social media platforms as basics of digital marketing can increase productivity. Promoting and projecting all company business accounts is very key. Anybody can post and consider the content on social media, but not many can manage and handle the social media promoting sites for business. Observing, monitoring and tracking the progress of selling is important while conducting digital marketing. If you look inside a digital marketing business, you’ll observe that there’s a team with a social media specialist to handle all marketing aspects. Which is so important in digital marketing.
- Pay Per Click advertisement; PPC is also one of the basics of digitals marketing. PPC is a kind of advertising that a company can use to bring visitors to their website by using search ads for which you pay for only when someone clicks through.
Throughout this article, we were able to examine the basics of digitals marketing which includes; social media advertisement, content marketing, SEO, social media management, pay per click ads.
When you applied these basics, I have confidence that you can achieve over 80% increase.